McKinney Criminal Defense Attorney
Being accused of a crime is stressful and overwhelming. It puts your future in the hands of the justice system, and the outcome of your case can affect the rest of your life. Not only may you be facing jail or prison time, heavy fines, and other court sanctions but you may be subject to job loss, reputational damage, and a future with a permanent criminal record that can jeopardize life opportunities going forward.
Because of the negative consequences, it is essential to have a criminal defense lawyer on your side whom you can trust to protect your rights and aggressively fight for you in the legal system. Throughout North Dallas, you have the choice of many criminal defense law firms. However, at Malcolm Miranda & Associates, we believe there is no better choice than our experienced attorney and team.
Attorney Miranda has a long history of successful results, having handled thousands of cases. As a former prosecutor, he knows how the other side works to gain convictions. He can use that insider knowledge to help you at this critical time. Our team understands the gravity of the situation you're in, and we're here to help you every step of the way.
Put a former prosecutor on your side. Get crucial advice and guidance from our McKinney criminal defense lawyer by contacting Malcolm Miranda & Associates at (469) 529-7390 or by sending us an email. Hablamos español.
Criminal Defense Services We Provide
Our firm defends all types of criminal charges, including misdemeanors and felonies.
These charges can include but are not limited to:
- Drug crimes. These can range from possession to distribution, sales, manufacture, cultivation, and drug trafficking of controlled substances, such as cocaine, heroin, fentanyl, and more as well as unauthorized prescription medicines.
- Sex crimes. Our firm defends all sex crime allegations, including those involving child sex offenses. These can range from indecent exposure to sexual abuse, sexual assault, rape, child pornography, and more.
- Theft crimes. Theft crimes involve the taking of others’ property or services, such as in shoplifting, petty larceny, grand larceny, carjacking, burglary, and robbery.
- Violent crimes. These involve the use of or threat of force against others, ranging from simple assault to aggravated assault, manslaughter, murder, terrorist acts, and kidnapping.
- DWI/DUI. Drunk and/or drugged driving is harshly punished in Texas. We represent drivers in first or repeat offenses.
- Domestic Violence. Violence or threats of violence in any domestic situation can lead to a host of criminal penalties, including restraining orders that can be extremely restrictive.
- Parole or Probation Violations. Failure to comply with any of the conditions of your parole or probation can mean a return to jail or prison. We can help you fight back.
- Juvenile Crimes. We can fight to protect your child’s future through diligent representation in the juvenile criminal system.
If you are facing any other type of criminal charge, we strongly urge you to discuss the matter with Mr. Miranda. Learn more about your case and options and the best way to move forward in a free case evaluation.
How We Can Help in Fighting Criminal Charges
When accused of a crime, our firm will take several steps on your behalf to build a strong defense and protect your rights. To start, we will thoroughly review the case, including police reports, witness statements, and other evidence, to identify any weaknesses or inconsistencies that can be used as a defense. We will also investigate the circumstances surrounding the arrest and work to ensure that your Constitutional rights were not violated during the process.
We can then advise you on your legal options and the possible results of each one, helping you make informed decisions about how to proceed. If it is in your best interests, we will negotiate with prosecutors on your behalf, seeking to reduce charges or have them dropped entirely, or negotiate a plea deal.
Should your case go to trial, Mr. Miranda will represent you in court, challenging evidence and cross-examining witnesses to build persuasive arguments in your defense. Overall, our job is to see that you have due process, are treated fairly and that you have the aggressive representation needed to achieve the best outcome possible given the circumstances of your case.
Malcolm Miranda was highly recommended to me, and for good reason. I needed a combination of help: defense as I was falsely accused in a CPS a case, and also defense in a hostile divorce case. He had the legal experience to help with the all the layers.- William
This is a fantastic firm, and we are eternally grateful to have the best attorney, Malcolm Miranda.- London C.
Very attentive. Without doubt one of the best!- Adriana M.
They have been there for us through thick and thin. All types of cases. We feel blessed to have them on our side.- Nicole H.
We care about the outcome of your case and will fight for the best result possible.
We bring experience on both sides of the courtroom to assist you in these challenging times.
Learn how our team can help during a free consult.
Work directly with your attorney.
Our team is proud to help with Spanish services.
With virtual consultations, it's easier than ever to get started.