Child Custody Attorney in McKinney
Compassionate, Aggressive Representation to Protect Your Child’s Best Interests
At Malcolm Miranda & Associates P.C., we understand how difficult and stressful the process of securing child custody can be. We are here to help you through this process and work tirelessly to ensure that the best interests of both you and your child are taken care of at all times.
Our firm is passionate about family law. We are dedicated to helping our clients obtain positive outcomes in their cases. Whether you are the custodial or non-custodial parent, we can help you work through your child custody concerns.
Call us at (469) 529-7390 today to speak to a McKinney child custody lawyer.
How Is Child Custody Determined?
The Texas Family Code allows judges to determine child custody based on the best interests of the child.
The judge will consider many factors when making this decision, including:
- Each parent's wishes for custody
- Each parent's ability to perform the functions of parenting
- Each child's needs for frequent and continuing contact with both parents
- The child's interaction and relationship with parents and siblings
- The child's adjustment to home, school, and community
- Each parent's and child's physical and mental health
- Each parent's ability to provide the child with a stable, nonviolent environment
- Each parent's ability to provide the child with food, clothing, medical care, and other material needs
- Each parent's ability to provide a safe environment for the child
- The child's preference if the child is of sufficient age to express a preference
- The length of time the child has lived in a stable, healthy environment
- Any evidence of domestic violence
Contact Our Firm Today
Put An Experienced Team on Your Side
When you work with our firm, you can rest assured knowing that you will be represented by a highly skilled and compassionate attorney who is dedicated to helping you obtain the best outcome possible in your case. We offer flexible appointment times, and we are here to provide honest, knowledgeable representation.
Malcolm Miranda was highly recommended to me, and for good reason. I needed a combination of help: defense as I was falsely accused in a CPS a case, and also defense in a hostile divorce case. He had the legal experience to help with the all the layers.- William
This is a fantastic firm, and we are eternally grateful to have the best attorney, Malcolm Miranda.- London C.
Very attentive. Without doubt one of the best!- Adriana M.
They have been there for us through thick and thin. All types of cases. We feel blessed to have them on our side.- Nicole H.